Spaghetti and Broccoli Bake
Sorry for the delay in posting, been tres busy with uni moving in. I thought I’d put up a few of my favourite recipes up here, ones I like to make a lot. They are generally fairly easy but very scrummy.
This is one of my autumn favourites, it’s a lovely pasta dish but vegetarian without feeling like it’s lacking anything. I do have to say it’s not of my own making unfortunately, but from GoodFood magazine’s ‘101 Simple Suppers’. Serves 4
Ingredients:
1 onion
1 tin chopped tomato
1 red pepper (optional)
25g butter
25g plain flour
600ml milk
Ground nutmeg
300g spaghetti, broken up
300g broccoli
100g mature cheddar
Method:
1. Fry the onion (and pepper if adding) in oil till soft. Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt/pepper. Boil for 10 minutes until sauce thickens.
2. Meanwhile make the white sauce (see post below for method) with butter, flour and milk and add nutmeg.
3. Cook the spaghetti in boiling water for 8 minutes, then chop up the broccoli and add to the same spaghetti pan and cook for 4 more minutes.
4. Drain the spaghetti and mix with the white sauce.
5. In a oven proof dish put half the pasta with sauce, then layer the tomato sauce in the middle, then add the rest of the pasta to form 3 layers.
6. Grate the cheese and sprinkle oven. Grill in the oven at 200C for 5 minutes until golden on top.
7. Serve with vegetable or side salad. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment